Metamix is a water driven proportioning injector
for pumping an additive into a water line at a consistent induction
rate over varying water pressure and flow rates. The Metamix
dosing injectors are diluting the additives using only water
power in an accurate and simple way without a need for any other
or Fertigation is the process of adding a small amount of nutrients
to your irrigation water, using an injector like the Metamix
Fertigation unit every time your system runs. This adds a boost
to the turf or flowers and keeps them growing at a constant
The practice of injecting liquid fertilizer into an irrigation
system mainline (hence "fertigation") for delivery
to a growing crop has been used in the nursery industry and
agriculture for over 30 years.
Plants don't like change any more than most people and a small
dose of nutrients keeps plants on an even diet.
main advantages are:
Easy to install
• No electricity needed
• Easy to adjust dosing percentages
• Replaceable seals
• Works at very low flow rate
• Easy to field repair
• Highly chemical resistant
• Perfect blending
• Highly resistant to U.V. radiation
Determining the right Metamix model
for each application is done according to the customer's needs
The unit will automatically start working when water is flowing
in the water line and will continue until the flow stops. It
is possible to control the suction operation by using the models
with the On/Off system
the advantages of fertigation include the following:
Eliminates the danger of burning turf.
• Each application costs nothing in equipment or manpower.
• Efficiency of nutrient utilization is excellent.
• Distribution of fertilizer is uniform.
• Micro-nutrients and soil conditioners can be very effectively
• Poor quality irrigation water can be treated.
• Cost of liquid fertigation is cheaper than when using
"slow release" fertilizers for irrigation.
When using the Metamix as a part of drip-irrigation systems,
the fertilizer is delivered directly and accurately to the root
system of the plant avoiding contamination of the water table.